Thursday, July 23, 2015

nothing is easy

Fought with PayPal half the day trying to figure out the shipping label thing.  Apparently making my life easier has its' costs.  Problem is...the package size I have is not an option for printing postage and my only other option is hand addressing them and getting postage at the post office.  The plus side is it makes it all easier to print the labels including a tracking number being automatically emailed to the recipient - the down side is it costs a little more to send each package.  Went ahead and printed labels for the first two orders I received (David Brown and Thomas Hill) and will take them to the post office tomorrow to have a pow wow with postmaster Lisa.  The rest of the orders will start shipping Monday...even if I have to resort to the old fashioned way.  96,101,73,0,C

10 comments:

John Wells said...

Did a little more research and found the answer. The rate I was looking for does not include tracking and all stuff shipped through PayPal does include tracking so I guess it makes sense now that my options were limited (although it would be nice if non tracking postage options were available). Just have to double check at the post office tomorrow to make sure my test labels are OK and that my recipients get an email shipping confirmation.

rj said...

If you go USPS First Class Mail there isn't tracking and is usually the cheapest and still pretty fast as long as you are under 13 oz. I use this link to access either: https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_ship-now

John Wells said...

I tried that...I do not get an option for just first class mail - only first class mail parcel.

Unknown said...

$6.25 Half ounce sterling silver for $30.00 does a pound of beef jerky come with that order ?

Margery Billd said...

This is complicated.

Larry G said...

Dang US Govt. They ought to shut down the Post Office and let the private sector do this, eh?

;-)

why I met Fed Ex / UPS could do a FINE JOB of getting those coins to the buyers!

;-)

Unknown said...

They already closed our post office. I now have a twenty six mile round trip to get my mail. They don't deliver to my place.

Stephen McGuire said...

I found shipping thru paypal to be easy the few times I had to do it. Including tracking and all that most of the time I use priority mail for 2-day shipping and tracking.

Best of luck, poke around some of the options might help you out.

-Stephen

De La Mancha said...

Thanks John for taking the trouble with the PayPal Pain for Thomas and me.

Can't wait to get my Field Lab coinage!

David Brown

Unknown said...

looking forward to the coin!!