Thursday, February 14, 2013

leucaena leucocephala

Prepped another batch of compost this morning.  Spent a couple of hours of quality time with my boys this afternoon.  Just when Bud is about to let me pet him, Ben comes rushing in for a showdown with both me and Bud.  We are so close - it's just a matter of days now.  He sure will be happy when he figures out I can scratch the places he can't reach.

Started soaking some seeds for the next planting.  These are leucaena that my friend Stacy (the rocket stove builder) brought out last Oct. 5th.  http://www.fao.org/ag/AGP/AGPC/doc/Publicat/Gutt-shel/x5556e06.htm

Ordered a USB external wifi antenna for my netbook today...hoping to extend its' range.  As an Amazon Prime member, I decided to try a test.  I just ordered it around 1PM today and will see if that extra $3.99 will really get it here overnight to the middle of nowhere by tomorrow afternoon...from Phoenix.  54,69,25,0,B,0

5 comments:

MFFL said...

John, did you ever get any Moringa trees going out there in the desert? I bought some after first hearing about them on your blog and can't recall any updates on them. Just received them in the mail yesterday, so I am excited about planting them and am curious whether you have had success.

Dizzy-Dick said...

I have some growing wild around my place, only they have pinkish blooms.

John Wells said...

My first 2 sprouts got eaten by some kind of bug...I have one small sprout that just broke grownd. Started 7 more seeds about a week ago

Unknown said...

John, May I suggest GrowYourOwnGroceries.com for Moringa and Leucaena information? This lady gives a lot of info for them. Also, be very careful with your animals. My 60+ year old son-in-law who has worked cattle all his life got knocked down 2 weeks ago, bruised and again Thursday one sent him to ICU for 11 stitches in his scalp. figman

Allen Hare said...

I checked out that Amazon prime yesterday. It's a pretty good deal if you order much from them, or if you watch the streaming movies. I got the Kindle app for my new iPad, and wanted to check out their free lending library. It worked like a charm.