Friday, September 23, 2011

La Yarda

Did another road survey this morning.....the ranch patched my road - now a little wider for some reason but still an inch deeper.  Good news (?) is, we probably won't get any more rain this year to wash it out again.  That last gusher was just enough to feed the seeds.  Plants are popping up all over the place out here.

Unfortunately, my business in Odessa did not coincide with new business that needed to be attended to.  Had to make an Alpine run today.  The one hour ride seems like a breeze compared to 3 1/2 to the big O.  Did my thing(s) then swung by my new favorite spot - La Yarda behind the Murphy Street Raspa Co.  My friends Cristina and Victor have created a beautiful kid friendly restaurant/hangout behind their precious Raspaland establishment.  Like a McDonald's with a playground - without the poison.  Check out La Yarda on facebook.  Better yet - check it out in person one block south of the train station.  80,92,58,0,B

7 comments:

Ben in Texas said...

JW, since I don't do facebook, next time you up at La Yarda in Alpine, ask them what was there back in the 80's. That location sure looks familiar. Just my ole cracked memory can't pull up what. Course I could be totally off base, it's happen before. :-)

John Wells said...

just for you Ben...
http://www.historicalpine.org/raspa-co.htm

becky3086 said...

It is amazing to me that people still go to fast food places when they are totally educated on how bad the food there is for you.

Susie said...

Becky I totally agree with you.

Carlos said...

People still go to fast food restaurants because they have the food has what the human body craves: fatty meat, sugar and salt. Add to those facts, the frenetic pace at which most folks live their lives and few folks have even an hour to spend eating a meal.

WhyR said...

Wow, the Raspaland blog is funny as hell. http://raspaland.com/ And the photo of that salad is gorgeous in hi-res.

Allen Hare said...

Sad to think that you've had your rain quota for the year. Seems a little lower than normal. I know it's a desert, but, from reading your blog I thought you'd get more rain in late summer.

The Yarda looks nice. We're going to stop in there on our way to and from Terlingua this November.