Friday, November 14, 2008

Windy Day

Had a nice full moon plus sunrise this morning. A little bit of doin' and a lot of think'n today. Cold morning for the start of the day. 39 degrees. Went to Betty's Grub Shack for a sausage, egg and cheese sandwich. Headed over to Chuck's to caulk the seams of the interior of his new outhouse. As the carpentry was not exactly perfect ( sorry Chuck, but you know it as well as I do) ...I convinced him to allow me to fill all the cracks and crevices. All ready now for a final coat of paint and it will be a palace inside. I hope they think of me every time they go in there. A caulk gun in the right hands is a blessing.

Spent the rest of the day mostly thinking about my new wiring plan. Figured I should get the interior upgraded to spec by my soon approaching one year anniversary. Relocated the DSL modem and my 2 telephones as those where easy decisions. Because I am adding more interior lighting - the rest of the plan is still under consideration. Decided to make a quick shopping run to Alpine tomorrow morning to get a few more essentials and hopefully get it all figured out.

Super windy today....put the anemometer back up an we have averaged 18mph all day. The wind turbines have finally charge the battery bank to capacity and are dumping some load to the hot water coil. All this wind is really kicking up the dust. Winds from the north expected till after midnight and a cold front blowing in. Low of below freezing expected tonight. Last trip of the day was to Betty's house to photograph her funky wind turbine. Will be checking back with her over the next week or so to see how it is performing.

No comments: