Sunday, September 14, 2008

Gusty Day!

Being that I was thinking all day yesterday was Sunday ( It's pretty easy to lose track of time out here ), I just finished my second Sunday of rest. Nice and sunny this morning and early afternoon but really WINDY all day. It has been awhile since we had a gusty day - I forgot how hard it is to get anything done outside under those conditions. 15 to 30mph from 9:30AM to about 5:30PM. The longhorns were grazing the fresh new grass growing at the end of my driveway this morning and about 20 of them decided to lie down right in my road for a mid morning nap.

While shuffling my tomato and zucchini plants around to keep them out of the wind, I noticed my neighbor Capt. Kirk driving down his side road. I figured that he probably set some nice ruts in the bad spot for me to follow so I heading in to the Ranch Supply Store for some ice and cheese. Still pretty squishy in a few spots but good to go now.

Was hoping to pour some concrete and set some anchor bolts in the top layer of the battery house today. My wind turbine was screaming away in the gusts all day so avoided working right underneath it as a blade malfunction at that speed could cut my friggin head off. Watching the turbine spin all day without being hooked up to anything to capture the electricity produced is kind of like watching 1000's of gallons of water wash down the rivers near by after a good rain.

No comments: