Monday, August 18, 2008

Flour Tortillas

Threats of thunderstorms all day but only got a spinkle again....was able to get out during a cloudy period and dig two more holes and pour concrete for the final 2 guy wire anchors for wind turbine mount #4. Checked in at the Ranch Supply Store with my friend Julie and she requested a Pepino Swamp Cooler for her RV. She and her husband Whitebear have been spending up to $400 per month on propane for their generator to power their air conditioner. My swamp cooler design works without a generator using only a small amount of battery power from a solar charged power system and will keep their habitat just as cool.

Spent the late afternoon preparing a batch of flour tortilla mix...cooked up 9 tortillas for the next couple of dinners. How often do folks in the "real world" have time to devote 2 hours of their day to do this - and then have the time to photograph the results with a rainbow in the background? Thats why I'm here!




3 comments:

Unknown said...

Tortillas and Rainbows? Answer is always yes. Well played.

I'm enjoying reading these "archives" of your blog.

Ray said...

This is my first comment on your blog. I just learned of it in an article I saw in "Texas Monthly" magazine. You are doing what I would love to be able to do if.....I were younger (I'm 70), in better health, family situation would allow and I had your courage. In the meantime, I will enjoy reading about you and your life there in Terlingua. God bless and wishing you health and happiness.
Ray

hahnak said...

awesome! (the rainbow is cool too)